Whenever she is in trouble or worried about something, don’t just sit there with her. Acknowledge that you don’t have all the answers, and that you may not know exactly what she’s going through, but try to help make the situation better for her.
Be friendly with her without always being available. Girls love guys who are a bit mysterious, so try to cultivate a bit of mystery — don’t always pick up the phone, let on where you’re going, etc. Be honest, but not always totally up front.
Your guy-friends probably didn’t care that you walked around in the same clothes you mowed the lawn in, but the girl of your dreams probably won’t be very impressed. Here are three simple things you can start doing right away that will help:
- Shower and shave every day. If you’re not yet old enough to shave, don’t sweat it. You should be soon. Smell nice and look clean by showering or bathing regularly.
- Wear clothes that actually fit. Not your older brother’s clothes; not your dad’s clothes. Wear your own clothes, and ones that flatter your figure. It doesn’t matter how much money you have — every guy needs a good pair of jeans, a fitting t-shirt, a simple but elegant collared shirt, and shoes to fit the occasion.
- Get in shape. Lose that excess flab if you can and turn it into muscle. Most girls like guys who have developed muscles that aren’t so chiseled they’re intimidating. Find an intramural sports league that you’re interested in and go for it. You might even be able to impress your lady with your skills.
You must at least have some kind of charm to appeal to a woman.Most men are charming in a couple different ways, but here are some charming ideas to think about:
- Be a gentleman. This means opening doors, paying for a date, keeping your word, etc. Girls love to feel like a gentleman cares about them.
- Be witty. Girls love guys who are great conversationalists, who can turn anything into a joke. Learn how to elegantly make fun of yourself.
- Be intelligent. You should do your best to be well-read, informed about current-affairs, and curious. Women like men who are smart but still relatable.
Every girl wants a guy who, at the end of the day, is reliable — dependable not because he has to be, but because he wants to be. Being reliable is all about telling a girl that she has security with you. Try to be the most reliable guy you know.
This gives the girl a reason to relax. A person is more responsive and receptive when relaxed. This is similar to being witty, but with higher importance. It helps you connect with her emotionally/intellectually. She should enjoy your company and not be bored.
It’s a turnoff when you’re always around her and touching her and flirting obnoxiously with her when she is not interested and has never shown any interest at all. Learn to give her the control, even if it’s only the illusion of control
Most women don’t care how much you make, or who your parents are, so long as you can provide for them. That’s nice, because most men aren’t blessed with wealth
A girl might really like you but if she sees you dancing or talking with another girl, that could be a dealbreaker. Make sure she knows you’re interested in only her.
Give her some good old-fashioned compliments. Don’t compliment her ability to do every little thing perfectly, or you’ll seem too needy or obsessive yourself. But a well-placed compliment can make a girl remember you for days on end!
Sing or hum songs, talk about movies, share favorite places. Anything that, when she hears/sees it again, will make her think of you.
Girls like guys who are in touch with their feminine side without being girly at all. That means you have to understand where she’s coming from but still be thoroughly manly if you can.
You should not make building a relationship with her a script. The most important thing to do when looking for a meaningful relationship is to relax around her, and let your true personality shine through. Do not force yourself to fit a stereotype. You’re better off waiting until you can find a girl who likes you, not a stereotypical “cool” guy. A relationship in which you can be yourself is much, much more meaningful than one in which you have to pretend to be someone else.